Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Share your green bean recipes!
Hey guys! I just started cooking green beans and was wondering if any of you guys have a good recipe?
I made them last night following this recipe (which is not creative) but I used haricot verts and they were so good, so I really want to make green beans again.
pressed or diced Garlic
thinly slice red onion
Packet of Haricot Verts
Lemon (one whole lemon)
Red Pepper flakes
(add ingrediants to your liking)
1. cook garlic and onion in olive oil on medium to medium low and sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until onions begin to go transparent (or until you get bored)
2. put in haricot verts and drizzle with more olive oil (so they will steam) and add more kosher salt and pepper
3. after 4 minutes squeeze two quarters of the lemon
4. place a top on the pan and cook for 10 minutes checking/ stirring every now and then so garlic and onion wont burn
5. Add final two quarters of lemon and cook until the haricot verts are tender. (taste one to make sure you like it)
6. enjoy as a side to anything you like!