Sunday, March 13, 2011

Garlic, Basil, and Parsley Baked Chicken Dinner


This is a recipe for a very easy baked chicken dinner that is only 150 calories per serving! Enjoy!




Ingredients

1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tomatoes, sliced



Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

 Step 2: Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.


Step 3: Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with garlic slices.
I used thinly sliced chicken breasts


Step 4: In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper


Step 5: Sprinkle seasoning over the chicken


Step 6: Top with tomato slices


Step 7: Bake covered in the preheated oven 25 minutes

Please ignore the dirty oven floor ;)

Step 8: Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.

Pair with a yummy side or salad and enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Yum! I am totally making this tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, Boltz, and I made/ ate this last night. It was so cheap and easy to make. I only had pressed garlic and it still worked out great. On the side I did roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini, and cauliflower toasted in garlic, italian seasonings, salt and pepper and olive oil put in 30 minutes earlier in the same oven. I highly recommend this recipe! Thanks for the share Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! I have so many ones I want to share! I'm trying to space them out, ha. Miss yall!

    ReplyDelete