Monday, March 28, 2011

guilt free spaghetti

Living in a Gluten Free family, this has become one of my favorite things to make. It gives you the flavors of Italian without the regretful feeling of eating too many carbs after.

What you need:

Spaghetti Squash: Preheat oven to 375. Take a knife and carefully cut it in half scrapping out the seeds and stringy stuff that is on the meat of the squash. I like to put them in olive oil skin up on a cooking sheet and put them in the oven checking periodically from 30 minutes to one hour for desired tenderness. (I like it a little firmer)

Meat Sauce: Really just put in any vegetables you think will be good, below is a combination that I use.

Turkey:
I cook the turkey first, either clumping it or making them into small meatballs using italian seasonings, salt, pepper and garlic- Once cooked I add the vegetables.

Green Pepper or Red Pepper
Onion
Garlic
Zucchini
Mushrooms
(broccoli can be really good too)

I like to add the vegetable packed Ragu.

Take out Spaghetti Squash and shread with fork. Put sauce on top and enjoy. This is a ton of vegetables so feel good eating it. You can also use spaghetti squash for any italian favorite like you can add pesto and chicken and that is also super delicious

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I love spaghetti squash so I made this tonight. I didn't do the meat sauce but just topped the squash with turkey meatballs (seasoned w italian spices, garlic, salt, pepper) and cut tomatoes...super easy and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete